Monday, October 17, 2011

What's in a title?

HI! Welcome to my blog; Happy Cakes and Cheese Pockets! I have read about how sometimes it can be difficult to grab the ideal name of your blog, as many names have been already taken by creative souls around the world. However, when typing in "Happy Cakes and Cheese Pokets," something in my gut told me that my chances of obtaining the name would be high....and...it was a success! However, you may be wondering why I chose this very weird, strange, and seemingly unusual name for my daily rants page (aka: my blog). Well I will tell you why!
My son Owen Michael is about 2 years and 3 months old. He has the imagination of a...well I'm not really sure what to compare his imagination to, but he's got a wild one. He's a creative kid, which I hope benefits him in the future and keeps him out of what I fear to be impending trouble in the future, but nevertheless, I will never be able to say that the kid can't tell a good story--be it true or simply imaginative. So we will start with Happy Cakes.
Happy cakes made it's first arrival into Owen's vocabulary in May of this year. One afternoon while celebrating my sister-in-law's birthday and enjoying the super delicious birthday cake, Owen got a few lyrics to Happy Birthday mixed up with the delightful sight of the sugar-filled desert. Thus, happy cakes came to life. From that point on, nearly everything with sugar has been referred to as a "happy cake." I'm talking, doughnuts, cupcakes, birthday cakes, pop tarts...and the list goes on. I thought (and still do think) that this is one of my very favorite things that comes out of my little man's mouth. Makes me smile every time!


Now, Cheese Pockets is a new phrase that just popped up last Wednesday. While I was preparing Owen's lunch, he patiently awaited the arrival of his nuggets (yep, one of our staple foods in this house) and sitting at the table with this grandma. Owen has the cutest little personalized placemat that has a pirate scene on it with this name on the top; however in the middle of the placemat there is a large treasure chest full of what we would typically call "gold." Well, I need to break the news to you that the new name of that treasure chest full of gold is: a cheese pocket.
I laughed so hard I nearly cried! But when looking at the photo, if you didn't know what exactly the object was, perhaps a cheese pocket was fitting! A pocket full of cheese! Loved it.


So I will leave you with that for now; I plan to write frequently so feel free to check back often! Owen keeps me entertained on a daily basis and thus I should have plenty of material to pass along to you, hoping to provide to you a daily smile.

Do you have any funny sayings/expressions from your little ones? I'd LOVE for you to share them with me and others in the comments section below! <3 

Until next time,
XOXO Happy Cakes and Cheese Pockets


No comments:

Post a Comment